Tuesday, September 22, 2009

3 Months Old

Makena turns 3 months old tomorrow! Can't believe how fast these months have gone. She changes literally every day. You know how people always say you never know how much you can love someone until you have children? Well, I must admit...it's true. It is truly indescribable how you feel when you become a mommy. When she smiles at me...my heart skips a beat. When I think about something bad happening to her...I feel physically ill. I believe now that a mother can kill for her children - like seriously club someone to death - for hurting her baby! The joy she brings to me daily is like nothing I've ever experienced. I can honestly say that being a mom is the most important role I've ever known and I feel blessed that I get to be her mom. I love you Makena Catherine Devine!!! (aka: chunky monkey, mooey, chunks to the monks, kena, kenabear, munchkin, sweet cheeks, mariah, valasor raptor....and the list goes on :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hah! I love it, clubbing people to death for your baby! I sometimes think about what my life would be without my baby and I just can't imagine it. Where was the purpose before kids? Anyway, where has 3 mos gone? She's such a cutie, only a couple of weeks until I FINALLY get to meet her. x

Michelle said...

Yet again, I laughed out loud reading your post! I love that you used the example "clubbing someone to death" and I also love that you call her "Mariah"! She's quite a doll! :)

Tara Holmes said...

And I love the "valasa raptor" nickname. Do we have something in common?? She is a doll and it's crazy how mad you get at the thought of how you want to protect them from any bad guys out there huh. I love you as a mommy.

Nat J said...

OMG! You are so funny! I love how you start to get baby K and say that you would club someone to death.

Can't wait to meet the little princess.

Love you,
Nat J