Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all my girls!!!

This is a shout out to all my girlfriends who are mommys are about-to-be mommys!!! You are all my inspiration and I am so blessed that I have you all to talk to, commiserate with and support while we are all going through the craziest, most amazing time in our lives! I'm serious when I say I couldn't do it without you.

8 more weeks to go and the anxiety is starting to build! Now that Kena's nursery is finished, I've been busying myself with other home improvements...(HGTV is possibly the best program ever created) We purchased new shades for all of our windows - they are "honeycomb" shades that will block out the sun in the summer and keep us insulated in the winter. Plus they are the "blackout" kind so you can make the bedrooms super dark for naptime :) I ordered dark pink ones for Kena's room to match her bedding and they turned out so cute! My next project is the flooring in the bathrooms - you can purchase click-in tiles to go over linolium (again gotta love HGTV) I have also re-grouted all our bathroom countertops with a grout pen - Lowes baby. I need to get a life. :)

9 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

Love all the house projects!

Ker, I am so excited to share this journey with you and Kena too. It really is amazing to have such an incredbile mommy's group...we are ALL so blessed to have one another! XOXO

Jen said...

OMG, you just look so cute! Love the new shades, keep on with the home improvement projects because like I said, you will really appreciate having your house just the way you want it when Kena comes as you will be spending lots of time at home ;). Was so good to catch up, we really need to do that more often! Felt like I had seen you just yesterday and I love that about our friendship. Love you lots, thanks again and happy belated Mothers Day x

The Haigh's said...

Oh gosh Keri - Do I even need to tell you what this has been like sharing this journey with you? I can' wait for you to be a mommy and have that special kind of love that makes your heart want to explode. Starbucks is going to get a bit crowded with all of our strollers in there.

Jenna said...

Keri!!! I need to see you, you are so cute pregnant. I love the room it is adorable!

Tara Holmes said...

You look so cute!!! I love it! I love what a handy woman you have become. :) Home stretch momma!

Leah said...

You are ridiculously motivated. Can you come do projects for me?

thuriks said...

You are so cute and I love the Nursery. Can't wait for your Shower!!! Love You & baby Kena.

B said...

you look glowingly beautiful!

Joe and Ronda said...

I love the nursery, your already such a great mama. I am so proud of you and that you keep on giving to others, thank you for being the best dance teacher to Vanessa, she LOVES her Auntie Keri :0