Monday, July 6, 2009

2 Weeks Old!

Can't believe our little girl is going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow. She is already changing so much. So far she eats every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night. We are swaddling her in the miracle blanket (thank God for that creation) and she is sleeping great in her bassinet next to the bed. Thank you to Ashley for forcing me to go there...I was holding her all night long for the first week and, needless to say, not getting very much sleep. I think my favorite times so far are the early morning (can't believe I'm saying this) when I'm feeding her and the sun is just coming up. It is so quiet and peaceful - you really can't explain the way you feel when you are feeding your baby from your own body. What an amazing expereince. Here are a few pics for you to enjoy! Love you all.

5 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Oh Ker, she is getting more beautiful by the day. Funny about the early mornings as those are by far my favorite times with Westyn as well, especially in the summer with the birds chirping, you can't beat the unimaginable peace that comes over you. It seems that motherhood has really brought out the absolute best in you and I can't wait for the months to come when Kena grows into a little girl, she will make your heart melt even more when you see that smile. I can't wait to see you both this week!

Leah said...

Early morning?? I love it! She's getting soooo big!!

Michelle said...

Hahaha never, ever did I think I would hear the words from Keri "my favorite time is early morning..."! She is soooo beautiful! I am so happy for you! What are you up to this weekend? Maybe I can come see you guys on Sunday?

Tara Holmes said...

You sound like such a mommy already. I'm so happy for you and I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. Keep up with the pictures! I want more!

Jen said...

YAY! I love the new photos, she really looks like a bit of both of you, doesn't she? I'm glad you are enjoying breast feeding and that you and Kena already have such a strong and powerful bond. How great is being a Mom? Lots of love to you all x