Monday, March 9, 2009

Car Accident - so scary!!!

Friday afternoon was very traumatic for Makena and me! I was driving north on I-5 and a kid in a jacked-up Chevy Tahoe lost control and swerved into my lane. His back right bumper collided with my back left bumper and pushed me into the right hand lane. It happened so fast - thank goodness he pulled to the side immediately and gave me all his information (thank God he was insured!) I was so shaken up that I could barely talk - I just kept thinking what if Makena is not okay? The police were on the scene within minutes and I was able to drive to the hospital after that. The E.R. doctor hooked me up to a machine that monitors contractions to make sure I wasn't having any. They were worried the force of the impact could have torn the placenta from the uterine wall. (scary stuff, huh?) But I wasn't having contractions or any cramping/bleeding plus her heartbeat sounded strong. They did some urine tests and found a little bit of blood so they kept testing until it came back clear. All-in-all it could have been a lot worse. My poor car is in the shop now and hopefully will be fixed in the next couple weeks. I felt the worst for Greg - that is not a phone call any husband wants to get. My parents were here this weekend so we just hung out with them and tried to take it easy. Hope all of you had a better weekend then I did!

12 comments:

The Haigh's said...

That makes me so sick. Thank god you're okay.

Leah said...

Oh my lord! How scary. I'm so glad you are both ok. Not a good thing to hear for anyone.

Joe and Ronda said...

How scary OMG.. I am so happy everything turned out ok for you and McKenna!

Tara Holmes said...

I am so sorry love. That is so so scary and I am so thankful you and Makena are not hurt. Be careful Baby K! Love you!

Misty Carpinito said...

So glad you both are ok. How scary. BTW - LOVE the name! Can't wait to see you and that little belly of yours here soon!

Jen said...

Ash only told me last night, can't believe this happened to you but am very thankful that you and baby M are okay. You've had the worst luck with car accidents! Take care of yourself, love you x

Anonymous said...

So scary. Glad you and baby are ok. Miss you xoxo Lynne

Erin said...

That is so scary! I'm glad to hear that everything is fine. BTW - Makena is one of our baby girl names too - love it!

Stacie said...

Glad you're okay, how scary for you! Makena is an adorable name, btw!!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Thank God you are okay! How scary!

Michelle said...

Thank goodness you are alright! SO scary!!!

B said...

that is so scary, im glad everything is ok... take care of yourself lady:)